Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Margaret Chase Smith shoveling the first dirt in the groundbreaking ceremony for the Margaret Chase Smith Library in Skowhegan.
Smith served in the U.S. Senate from 1948-1972. She served in the U.S. House of Representatives before that, from 1940-1948.
About This Item
- Title: Margaret Chase Smith, groundbreaking ceremony, 1981
- Creator: United Press International
- Creation Date: 1981-07-09
- Subject Date: 1981-07-09
- Town: Skowhegan
- County: Somerset
- State: ME
- Media: Photograph, text
- Dimensions: 21 cm x 28 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1880, 5,1 MCS Library
- Collection: United Press International collection
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Smith, Margaret Chase, 1897-1995
- Groundbreaking ceremonies--Maine
- Margaret Chase Smith Library (Skowhegan, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.