Contributed by Old Orchard Beach Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The photo of the Curtiss JN-4C plane owned by pilot Harry Jones of Old Orchard, was taken on beach at Old Orchard.
Jones (1890-1973), a native of Rhode Island, operated an airport at Old Orchard from 1919-1933.
About This Item
- Title: Curtiss JN-4C, Old Orchard Beach, ca. 1927
- Creation Date: circa 1927
- Subject Date: circa 1927
- Town: Old Orchard Beach
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 8.5 cm x 14 cm
- Local Code: HJScr3_p013_004
- Collection: Harry Jones Scrapbook #3
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Old Orchard Beach (Me.)
- Air pilots--Maine
- Harry Jones Flying Service (Old Orchard Beach, Me.)
- Curtiss aircraft
- Airports--Maine--Old Orchard Beach
- Jones, Harry M., 1890-1973--Associated objects
- Runways (Aeronautics)
For more information about this item, contact:Old Orchard Beach Historical Society
P.O. Box 464, Old Orchard, ME 04064
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.