Contributed by New Sweden Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
"Kaffe Stugan with its thorough Swedish surroundings, invite many tourists and make pleasant their visit" was written by Henry Anderson to describe his Kaffe Stugan. Kaffe Stugan is Swedish for the coffee cottage.
Henry Anderson's nordic ski making workshop was located in the basement of the Cafe Stugan. He was a well known custom cross country ski maker.
In addition to serving coffee at the "coffee cottage" he also pumped Texaco gasoline for cars.
About This Item
- Title: Kaffe Stugan, New Sweden, 1930
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Location: New Sweden, Aroostook County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 10 cm x 16 cm
- Collection: Historic Album of New Sweden, Maine, 1870-1938
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Kaffe Stugan (New Sweden, Me.)
- Stores & shops--Maine--New Sweden
- Restaurants--Maine--New Sweden
- Swedish Americans--Maine
- Automobile service stations--Maine--New Sweden
For more information about this item, contact:New Sweden Historical Society
116 Station Road, New Sweden, ME 04762
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.