Contributed by New Sweden Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Looking west along Station Road, this photo, taken from Capitol Hill Road, shows several farms plus two churches.
In the background are the Covenant Church (on the left) and the Baptist Church (on the right). In the foreground (on the left) is the house built by one of the first settlers, Nicholas Clase.
About This Item
- Title: Station Road, New Sweden, ca. 1938
- Creator: New Sweden Historical Society
- Creation Date: circa 1938
- Subject Date: circa 1938
- Location: New Sweden, Aroostook County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 10 cm x 17 cm
- Collection: New Sweden Historical Album - 1938
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Houses--Maine--New Sweden
- Dwellings--Maine--New Sweden
- Churches--Maine--New Sweden
- New Sweden (Me.)--Views
For more information about this item, contact:New Sweden Historical Society
116 Station Road, New Sweden, ME 04762
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.