Contributed by New Sweden Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The cemetery is located on Capitol Hill. Many early Swedish settlers are buried here with grave stones engraved in Swedish.
About This Item
- Title: Capitol Hill Cemetery, New Sweden, 1938
- Creation Date: 1938
- Subject Date: 1938
- Local Name: Capitol Hill
- Town: New Sweden
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 10 cm x 17 cm
- Collection: New Sweden Historical Album - 1938
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Cemeteries--Maine--New Sweden
- New Sweden Cemetery (New Sweden, Me.)
- Swedish Americans--Maine
- Tombs & sepulchral monuments--Maine--New Sweden
For more information about this item, contact:New Sweden Historical Society
116 Station Road, New Sweden, ME 04762
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.