Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Congress Street in Portland near the intersection of Free Street with a team of horses and wagon in front of William S. Banks, Apothecary shop. Upstairs is C.T. Stevens, dentist.
About This Item
- Title: Congress at Free Street, Portland, ca. 1890
- Creator: Charels E. Wheeler
- Creation Date: circa 1890
- Subject Date: circa 1890
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Photographs -- Portland -- Streets -- Congress 400-599
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Congress Street (Portland, Me.)
- Free Street (Portland, Me.)
- Middle Street (Portland, Me.)
- Carts & wagons--Maine--Portland
- Horse teams--Maine--Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.