Contributed by New Sweden Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Central School was one of the nine one room school houses in New Sweden. It was located in the center of town on what is now Route 161.
About This Item
- Title: Central School, New Sweden, 1938
- Creation Date: 1938
- Subject Date: 1938
- Town: New Sweden
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 10 cm x 16 cm
- Collection: New Sweden Historical Album - 1938
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- One-room schools--Maine--New Sweden
- Rural schools--Maine--New Sweden
- Schools--Maine--New Sweden
- Swedish Americans--Maine
For more information about this item, contact:New Sweden Historical Society
116 Station Road, New Sweden, ME 04762
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.