Contributed by New Sweden Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Bangor & Aroostook Railroad train is shown at the B & A Station in New Sweden.
Pictured is engine number 28, Manchester 4-4-0. It was built in Manchester in December 1895 and renumbered in 1907.
The engine was rebuilt in 1915 as a Class K-1.
About This Item
- Title: Bangor & Aroostook Railroad Station, New Sweden, ca. 1930
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Location: New Sweden, Aroostook County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 21 cm x 15 cm
- Local Code: 605.7
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Bangor and Aroostook Railroad Company
- Railroad locomotives
- Railroad stations--Maine--New Sweden
- Aroostook County
- B & A Rail Road
- Bangor and Aroostook Rail Road
- New Sweden
- New Sweden Station
- Rail Road
- Swedish Colony
For more information about this item, contact:New Sweden Historical Society
116 Station Road, New Sweden, ME 04762
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.