Contributed by Island Falls Historical Society
Fire tower on Mount Chase. The original wooden tower was erected in 1909. The
second tower was a 16 foot tall steel tower erected in 1917.
About This Item
- Title: Lookout on Mount Chase, Mount Chase, ca. 1920
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Location: Mount Chase, Penobscot County, ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Maine. Bureau of Forestry--Facilities
- Fire lookouts--Maine--Mount Chase
- Fire lookout stations--Maine--Mount Chase
- Fire prevention--Maine
- Chase Mountain (Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Island Falls Historical Society
PO Box 204, Island Falls, ME 04747
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.