Contributed by Island Falls Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Hand powered handcars were used to move men and tools on the Bangor and Aroostook Railroad.
About This Item
- Title: Handcars on Bangor and Aroostook Railroad, Island Falls, ca. 1895
- Creation Date: circa 1895
- Subject Date: circa 1895
- Location: Island Falls, Aroostook County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 11 cm x 20 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Railroad employees--Maine
- Bangor and Aroostook Railroad Company
- Railroad handcars--Maine--Island Falls
For more information about this item, contact:Island Falls Historical Society
PO Box 204, Island Falls, ME 04747
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.