Contributed by Maine Granite Industry Historical Society
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student. More info about student projects.
Half rounds are driven between wedges in a line of holes drilled into granite. The granite then breaks along lines to form large blocks. This image shows a half round in a block of granite.
About This Item
- Title: Half Rounds and Wedges
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Mount Desert, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Metal
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Granite quarrying--Maine
- Stone quarrying--Maine
- Granite quarrying--Equipment and supplies
- Hall Quarry (Mount Desert, Me.)
- Stone industry and trade--Maine
- Granite industry and trade--Maine
- Granite Industry
- Hall Quarry
- Mount Desert
- Mt. Desert Island
- Stone Cutting
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Granite Industry Historical Society
62 Beech Hill Cross Road, Mount Desert, ME 04660
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.