Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The ferry Maquoit at Sunset Landing on Chebeague Island in 1915.
Chebeague was a popular tourist destination during the early 20th century, with many hotels and inns catering to the tourist trade.
About This Item
- Title: Maquoit ferry, Chebeague Island, 1915
- Creator: H.W. Bowen, Publisher
- Creation Date: circa 1915
- Subject Date: 1915
- Local Name: Chebeague Island
- Town: Cumberland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 4014: Cumberland--Chebeague Island
- Collection: Postcard collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Maquoit (Ferry)
- Piers & wharves--Maine--Cumberland--Chebeague Island
- Sunset Landing (Chebeague Island, Me.)--Postcards
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.