Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
William Washburn designed the State Street Church, which was built in 1851.
In 1871, lightning struck the wooden spire, which was then removed.
About This Item
- Title: State Street Church, Portland, ca. 1870
- Creator: Lamson Studio, Portland
- Creation Date: circa 1870
- Subject Date: circa 1870
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Local Code: Coll. 245, Box 5/2
- Collection: Lamson Studios collection of glass plate negatives : Maine places
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- State Street Congregational Church (Portland, Me.)--Photographs
- Congregational churches--Maine--Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.