Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
State Street Church in Portland after it was renovated by Portland architect John Calvin Stevens.
The wooden tower and spire of the orignal church were removed. Stevens designed the new red freestone façade, which was added in 1892-93.
About This Item
- Title: State Street Church, Portland, ca. 1900
- Creator: Lamson Studio, Portland
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Local Code: Coll. 245, Box 5/2
- Collection: Lamson Studios collection of glass plate negatives : Maine places
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- State Street Congregational Church (Portland, Me.)--Photographs
- Congregational churches--Maine--Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.