Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Portland Public Library on Congress Street, was a gift to the city from philanthropist James Baxter.
Francis H. Fassett designed the Romanesque revival library, which was built in 1888.
About This Item
- Title: Portland Public Library, Congress Street, ca. 1900
- Creator: Lamson Studio, Portland
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Local Code: Coll. 245, Box 5/1
- Collection: Lamson Studio glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.