Contributed by Southern Aroostook Agricultural Museum
The horse drawn Victor potato digger, manufactured by M. Moody & Sons Company, Quebec, has a rounded plate that dug under the potato row and a rotating set of pronged arms that removes the potatoes from the earth and leaves them on the ground for pickers to gather up. It is an unusual design of unknown effectiveness.
About This Item
- Title: Victor potato digger, Littleton, c. 1920
- Creator: M. Moody & Sons Company
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Littleton, Aroostook County, ME
- QC, Canada
- Media: Iron
- Dimensions: 133 cm x 84 cm x 175 cm
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Agricultural implements--Maine--Littleton
- Farm Equipment
For more information about this item, contact:Southern Aroostook Agricultural Museum
1678 U.S. Route 1, Littleton, ME 04730
(207) 538-9604 (Debbie)
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.