Contributed by Jesup Memorial Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Duncan Candler planned this house in Seal Harbor for Edsel and Eleanor Ford. The local masonry firm of B. W. Candage and Son built the main house of Mount Desert granite. Construction began in 1923 and finished in 1925. The naturalistic landscaping was designed by Jens Jensen of Chicago. The home is presently owned by Martha Stewart.
About This Item
- Title: Skylands, Seal Harbor, ca. 1925
- Creator: The Abertyne Co - Brooklyn, NY for Bee's in Bar Harbor
- Creation Date: circa 1925
- Subject Date: circa 1925
- Location: Seal Harbor, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14 cm
- Local Code: JML PC 19196
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Vacation homes--Maine--Seal Harbor
- Candler, Duncan--Homes and haunts--Maine--Seal Harbor
- Skylands (Dwelling)
- Stewart, Martha--Homes and haunts--Maine--Seal Harbor
- Dwellings--Maine--Seal Harbor
- Houses--Maine--Seal Harbor
For more information about this item, contact:Jesup Memorial Library
34 Mount Desert Street, Bar Harbor, ME 04609
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.