Contributed by Maine Forest Service
The DeBoullie Mountain lookout taken January 23, 1922.
The house on the ledge was built in 1920-1921. It was a 12-foot high steel structure that was replaced in 1929-30 with a 48-foot steel structure at an elevation of 1,898 feet.
The cab was hit by lightning and replaced in 1937.
About This Item
- Title: DeBoullie Mountain lookout, 1922
- Creation Date: 1922-01-23
- Subject Date: 1922-01-23
- Location: T15 R9 WELS, Aroostook County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 5.5 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Maine. Bureau of Forestry--Facilities
- Fire lookout stations--Maine--T15 R9 WELS
- Fire prevention--Maine--T15 R9 WELS
- Fire lookouts--Maine--T15 R9 WELS
- DeBoullie Mountain (Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Forest Service
Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation, and Forestry, 18 Elkins Lane, Harlow Building, 22 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-0022
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.