Contributed by Maine Forest Service
Forest Department employees pose on the fire lookout tower at Center Mountain. This site is now within the boundaries of Baxter State Park, but was on private land when the tower was built.
About This Item
- Title: Center Mountain lookout tower, ca. 1920
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Location: T4 R10 WELS, Piscataquis County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12.8 cm x 7.5 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Center Mountain (Me.)
- Fire lookout stations--Maine--T4 R10
- Fire lookouts--Maine--T4 R10
- Fire prevention--Maine
- Forest fires--Detection--Maine
- Maine. Bureau of Forestry--Employees
- Maine. Bureau of Forestry--Facilities
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Forest Service
Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation, and Forestry, 18 Elkins Lane, Harlow Building, 22 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-0022
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.