Contributed by Maine Forest Service
The Forest Department's fire lookout tower on Black Cat Mountain in 1920. The tower was 60 feet tall.
About This Item
- Title: Fire watchtower, Black Cat Mountain, 1920
- Creation Date: 1920
- Subject Date: 1920
- Location: T1 R9 WELS, Piscataquis County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 10 cm x 6 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Black Cat Mountain (Me.)
- Fire lookout stations--Maine--T1 R9
- Fire lookouts--Maine--T1 R9
- Fire prevention--Maine
- Forest fires--Detection--Maine
- Maine. Bureau of Forestry--Facilities
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Forest Service
Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation, and Forestry, 18 Elkins Lane, Harlow Building, 22 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-0022
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.