Contributed by Maine Forest Service
On the back of the photo is written, "Interior Camp Tumbledown, Showing Radio which is a great comfort during evenings. Get the news and other items all over the U.S."
The camp was used by a Forest Department employee manning a fire tower on Tumbledown Mountain.
About This Item
- Title: Tumbledown Camp, Maine Forest Department, ca. 1920
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Town: T5 R6 BKP WKR
- County: Somerset
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Watchmen--Maine--T5 R6 BKP WKR
- Maine. Bureau of Forestry--Facilities
- Maine. Bureau of Forestry--Employees
- Fire lookouts--Maine--T5 R6 BKP WKR
- Fire lookout stations--Maine--T5 R6 BKP WKR
- Fire prevention--Maine
- Tumbledown Mountain (Me.)
- Dwellings--Maine--T5 R6 BKP WKR
- Log cabins--Maine--T5 R6 BKP WKR
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Forest Service
Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation, and Forestry, 18 Elkins Lane, Harlow Building, 22 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-0022
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.