Contributed by Jesup Memorial Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Keewaydin was located on lower Main Street in Bar Harbor. It was designed by the firm of Lamb & Rich in New York. It was built in 1898 for Gardiner Sherman, who was a New York banker. The cottage burned down during the 1947 fire.
About This Item
- Title: Keewaydin, Bar Harbor, ca. 1920
- Creator: The Abertyne Co - Brooklyn, NY
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Town: Bar Harbor
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14 cm
- Local Code: JML PC18968
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Dwellings--Maine--Bar Harbor
- Gardens--Maine--Bar Harbor
- Keewaydin Cottage (Bar Harbor, Me.)--Photographs
- Sherman, Gardiner--Homes and haunts--Maine--Bar Harbor
- Vacation homes--Maine--Bar Harbor
For more information about this item, contact:Jesup Memorial Library
34 Mount Desert Street, Bar Harbor, ME 04609
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.