Contributed by Jesup Memorial Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Casa Far Niente was designed by Bruce Price for William Rice in 1882. S. Weir Mitchell bought the house circa 1892. He stayed in there during the summer months. Mr. Mitchell died in 1914.
Casa Far Neinte was demolished in 1943 - four years before the Fire of 47.
About This Item
- Title: Casa Far Niente
- Creator: A. H. Bee's - Bar Harbor
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Location: Bar Harbor, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14 cm
- Local Code: JML PC18967
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Casa Far Niente (Bar Harbor, Me.)--Photographs
- Mitchell, S. Weir--Homes and haunts--Maine--Bar Harbor
- Rice, William--Homes and haunts--Maine--Bar Harbor
- Vacation homes--Maine--Bar Harbor
- Dwellings--Maine--Bar Harbor
- Bar Harbor
- Bruce Price
- Price, Bruce
- Rice, William
- S. Weir Mitchell
- Summer Home
- Summer Population
- Summer Residence
- Vacation Homes
- William Rice
For more information about this item, contact:Jesup Memorial Library
34 Mount Desert Street, Bar Harbor, ME 04609
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.