Contributed by Nylander Museum
- Item 18659
- print page
- download web image
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
C. O. Johnson house, lot #21, West Road.
In 1922 Olof O. Nylander assembled a display of photographs, maps and charts of the Maine Swedish Colony which he displayed at the three hundredth anniversary of the founding of Gothenburg, Sweden. The series of display cards, or samlats, each featured several photographs of homes, businesses and community members from New Sweden, Woodland, Perham and Caribou.
This photograph is from samlat 12.
About This Item
- Title: C. O. Johnson house, New Sweden, ca. 1922
- Creation Date: circa 1922
- Subject Date: circa 1922
- Location: New Sweden, Aroostook County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 7 cm x 5 cm
- Local Code: NYW80.12.08
- Collection: Nylander samlat
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Johnson, C.O.--Homes and haunts--Maine--New Sweden
- Swedish Americans--Maine
- Dwellings--Maine--New Sweden
- Houses--Maine--New Sweden
- Families--Maine--New Sweden
- Farms--Maine--New Sweden
- Johnson family
- Group portraits--Maine--New Sweden
For more information about this item, contact:Nylander Museum
mailing address: 25 High St, street address: 657 Main St, Caribou, ME 04736
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.