Contributed by Nylander Museum
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Carl J. Peterson family in front of their home on lot #103-K, Rista Road.
In 1922 Olof O. Nylander assembled a display of photographs, maps and charts of the Maine Swedish Colony which he displayed at the three hundredth anniversary of the founding of Gothenburg, Sweden. The series of display cards, or samlats, each featured several photographs of homes, businesses and community members from New Sweden, Woodland, Perham and Caribou.
This photograph is from samlat 10.
About This Item
- Title: Carl J. Peterson family, New Sweden, ca. 1922
- Creation Date: circa 1922
- Subject Date: circa 1922
- Location: New Sweden, Aroostook County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 8 cm x 14 cm
- Local Code: NYW80.10.11
- Collection: Nylander samlat
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Children--Maine--New Sweden
- Swedish Americans--Maine
- Houses--Maine--New Sweden
- Dwellings--Maine--New Sweden
- Families--Maine--New Sweden
- Group portraits--Maine--New Sweden
- Peterson family
For more information about this item, contact:Nylander Museum
mailing address: 25 High St, street address: 657 Main St, Caribou, ME 04736
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.