Contributed by Nylander Museum
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A. H. Nilson's Greek Revival 4-square house, on lot #58, West Road. The original 1870s log house stood behind this large house. At one time there was a post office at this location.
The photograph is from a series Olof O. Nylander of Woodland compiled in 1922 to showcase the Aroostook County Swedish communities. He displayed them at the 400th anniversary of the founding of Gothenburg, Sweden.
This photograph is from display -- or samlat --b12.
About This Item
- Title: A. H. Nilson house, New Sweden, ca. 1922
- Creation Date: circa 1922
- Subject Date: circa 1922
- Town: New Sweden
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 8 cm x 13 cm
- Local Code: NYW80.12.10
- Collection: Nylander samlat
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Nylander Museum
mailing address: 25 High St, street address: 657 Main St, Caribou, ME 04736
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Post offices--Maine--New Sweden
- Dwellings--Maine--New Sweden
- Houses--Maine--New Sweden
- Swedish Americans--Maine
- Nilson, A.H.--Homes and haunts--Maine--New Sweden
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.