Contributed by Ste. Agathe Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Notre Dame de la Sagesse High School Science Class with Sr. Marie du St. Cordon.
Sr. Marie was born on November 9, 1882 in Athies, Somme, France, the daughter of Jules Edouard Adriaensen and Octavie Focqueur. Sr. Marie du St-Cordon made her Profession of Vows on August 2, 1909 and arrived in St. Agatha, Maine on March 27, 1915 as a teacher of math and sciences. In 1944, Sr. Marie left for Madawaska, where she was named the superior of the religious community of Daughters of Wisdom at the Mary Mediatrix Convent for 2 years. She then returned to St. Agatha and served as the superior for the religious community of the Daughters of Wisdom from October 13, 1946 until June 22, 1952. Sister Marie was a great storyteller and had talent for writing plays. She died on May 21, 1970 in St-Laurent-sur-Sèvre, France.
About This Item
- Title: Science Class, St. Agatha High School, Notre Dame de la Sagesse High School, 1933
- Creation Date: 1933
- Subject Date: 1933
- Town: Presque Isle
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 7 cm x 11 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Monasticism and religious orders for women
- Convents--Maine--Saint Agatha
- Catholic schools
- Boarding schools
- Students--Maine--Saint Agatha
- Schools--Maine--Saint Agatha
- Notre Dame de la Sagesse Convent (Saint Agatha, Me.)
- Church schools
- Teachers--Maine--Presque Isle
- Students--Maine--Presque Isle
- Classrooms--Maine--Presque Isle
- Daughters of Wisdom
- Daughters of Wisdom
- Mary Mediatrix Convent
- Notre Dame de la Sagesse High School
- Sister Marie du St. Cordon
- Sr. Marie du St. Cordon
For more information about this item, contact:Ste. Agathe Historical Society
P.O. Box 237, St. Agatha, ME 04772
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.