Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Peter F. Sanborn of East Readfield wrote to his daughter, Sarah, about a trip she was planning to Boston from New York, where she was studying at the Hudson River Institute and Claverack College.
He also writes about the the Civil War and the Rebels invading Maryland.
About This Item
- Title: Peter Sanborn letter to daughter, 1864
- Creator: Sanborn, Peter F.
- Creation Date: 1864-07-13
- Subject Date: 1864
- Town: East Readfield
- County: Kennebec
- State: ME, NY
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 362, Box 1/3
- Collection: Sanborn family papers
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Hudson River Institute and Claverack Academy
- Sanborn family
- Sanborn, Peter F.--Correspondence
- Sanborn, Sarah--Correspondence
- Sanborn, Sarah--Travel
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.