Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Peter Sanborn wrote to his daughter, Sarah, from Augusta, where he served as Internal Revenue collector. He comments on the 14th Regiment leaving for Civil War service.
About This Item
- Title: P.F. Sanborn letter to daughter, February 5, 1862
- Creator: Sanborn, Peter F.
- Creation Date: 1862-02-05
- Subject Date: 1862
- Town: Augusta
- County: Kennebec
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 362, Box 1/3
- Collection: Sanborn family papers
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- 14th Maine Regiment
- Arrivals & departures
- Sanborn family
- Sanborn, Peter F.--Correspondence
- Sanborn, Sarah--Correspondence
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.