Contributed by Bangor Public Library
An unidentified Lieutenant escorts Frances V. Day to receive decorations for her son, S/Sgt. Stewart H. Day, from Col. S. F. Landers at Dow Air Field.
Day, a prisoner of war hospitalized in Paris, was awarded the Air Medal and three Oak Leaf Clusters, signifying three subsequent Air Medals following his combat experience as the tail-gunner in a B-17 Flying Fortress. Another son, Pvt. Phillip A. Day was an infantryman.
About This Item
- Title: Stewart H. Day Air Medal award, Bangor, 1944
- Creator: Signal Section Dow Field
- Creation Date: 1944-05-20
- Subject Date: 1944-05-20
- Local Name: Dow Field
- Town: Bangor
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12 cm x 10 cm
- Local Code: 974.131 .D752a v.1
- Collection: Dow Field Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Bangor Public Library
145 Harlow Street, Bangor, ME 04401
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- United States. Army.
- Military parades & ceremonies
- Dow Air Force Base (Me.)
- World War, 1939-1945--Military personnel
- Military decorations
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.