Contributed by Oakfield Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Searsport was the Bangor and Aroostook Railroad's connection to the world enabling it to directly export timber, potatoes and other products and more economically import the coal it needed to power its locomotives without having to jointly arrange rates with Maine Central Railroad.
The SS Pioneer Dale at the Bangor and Aroostook Railroad pier in Searsport taking on a load of Maine potatoes.
About This Item
- Title: Loading potatoes, Searsport, ca. 1965
- Creator: Richard W Sprague
- Creation Date: circa 1965
- Subject Date: circa 1965
- Searsport, Waldo County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19 cm x 23 cm
- Collection: Richard Sprague
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Piers & wharves--Maine--Searsport
- Bangor and Aroostook Railroad Company--Facilities
- Pioneer Dale (Ship)
- B & A
- Bangor and Aroostook Railroad
- General Walker
- Korean War
- Maine Central Railroad.
- North Korea
- South Korea
- SS Pioneer Dale
For more information about this item, contact:Oakfield Historical Society
PO Box 176, Oakfield, ME 04763
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.