Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Administration Building or Main Lodge at Eastern Music Camp on Lake Messalonskee. The building was built by Frank Rumery of South Portland for Big Moose Lodge, a Jewish summer hotel that operated from 1920-1928.
Eastern Music Camp operated at the facility from 1931-1934. In 1937, the New England Music Camp took over the facility.
About This Item
- Title: Administration Building, Eastern Music Camp, Sidney, ca. 1931
- Creation Date: circa 1931
- Subject Date: circa 1931
- Town: Sidney
- County: Kennebec
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 7 cm x 9 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1814, Box 1/7
- Collection: Eastern Music Camp, Inc. records
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Eastern Music Camp (Sidney, Me.)--Buildings
- Jews--United States--Maine
- Music education--Maine--Sidney
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.