Contributed by Phillips Historical Society
Cornelia "Fly Rod" Crosby of Phillips designed the Maine exhibit at the Third Annual Sportsmen's Show in New York. She worked for Maine Central Railroad.
Railroads had an interest in drawing people into Maine for hunting, fishing, and other outdoor vacations.
About This Item
- Title: New York Sportsman's Show booth, 1897
- Creation Date: 1897
- Subject Date: 1897
- Town: New York
- State: NY
- Media: Photographic print
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Phillips Historical Society
PO Box 216, Phillips, ME 04966
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Sportsmen's Show (1897: New York, N.Y.)
- Sports and tourism--Exhibitions
- Crosby, Cornelia Thurza, 1854-1946
- Maine Central Railroad Company
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.