Contributed by Nordica Memorial Association
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Opera singer Lillian Nordica, born in Farmington in 1857, wore this at the Metropolitan in New York, in 1898 when she sang the Brunnhilde of Die Walkure for the first time on any stage.
About This Item
- Title: Brunnhilde costume worn by Lillian Nordica in 1898
- Creation Date: 1898
- Subject Date: 1898
- Town: Farmington, New York
- County: New York
- State: ME, NY
- Media: Cloth, metal
- Dimensions: 152 cm x 78 cm
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Brunnhilde (Legendary character)--Clothing and dress
- Ring of the Nieblungen
- Nordica, Lillian, 1857-1914--Associated objects
- Sopranos (Singers)
- Nordica, Lillian, 1857-1914--Performances
- New England Conservatory
For more information about this item, contact:Nordica Memorial Association
16 Nordica Lane, Farmington, ME 04938
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.