Contributed by Nordica Memorial Association
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
At the Metropolitan in New York, on February 4, 1898, opera singer Lillian Nordica added another to her list of great roles; she sang the Brunnhilde of Die Walkure for the first time on any stage. Lillian was born in Farmington in 1857.
About This Item
- Title: Lillian Nordica as Brunnhilde, 1898
- Creator: Aime Dupont, 574 Fifth Ave., New York
- Creation Date: 1898
- Subject Date: 1898
- Town: Farmington, New York
- County: Franklin, New York
- State: ME, NY
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 15 cm x 10 cm
- Local Code: Parlor album
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Nordica, Lillian, 1857-1914--Publicity photographs
- Nordica, Lillian, 1857-1914--Performances
- Metropolitan Opera
- New England Conservatory
For more information about this item, contact:Nordica Memorial Association
16 Nordica Lane, Farmington, ME 04938
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.