Contributed by Nordica Memorial Association
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Nordica was the first American diva to sing Wagner and the first to sing Elsa. She studied the role under Cosima Wagner, Richard Wagner's wife.
Nordica was born Lillian Norton in Farmington in 1857.
About This Item
- Title: Lillian Nordica as the Bayreuth Elsa, ca. 1894
- Creator: Aime Dupont, 574 Fifth Ave., New York
- Creation Date: circa 1894
- Subject Date: circa 1894
- Town: Farmington
- County: Franklin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 15 cm x 10 cm
- Local Code: Parlor album
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Nordica, Lillian, 1857-1914--Performances
- Nordica, Lillian, 1857-1914--Publicity photographs
For more information about this item, contact:Nordica Memorial Association
16 Nordica Lane, Farmington, ME 04938
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.