Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Members of the Women's Army Corps detachment at Fort Williams in Cape Elizabeth playing volleyball. They served during World War II doing harbor defense.
About This Item
- Title: Women's Army Corps, Fort Williams, ca. 1944
- Creation Date: circa 1944
- Subject Date: circa 1944
- Location: Cape Elizabeth, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Coll. S-6315, Misc. Box 187/12
- Collection: Fort Williams photograph collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Fort Williams (Cape Elizabeth, Me.)
- Military facilities--Maine--Cape Elizabeth
- United States. Army. Women's Army Corps
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.