Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Women's Army Corps from Fort Williams in Cape Elizabeth march on Congress Street beside the W.T. Grant Company building in Portland in 1944. The WACs served in harbor defenses until 1946.
About This Item
- Title: Women's Army Corps, Portland, 1944
- Creation Date: 1944
- Subject Date: 1944
- Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Cape Elizabeth, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Coll. S-6315, Misc. Box 187/12
- Collection: Fort Williams photograph collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Fort Williams (Cape Elizabeth, Me.)
- Military parades--Maine--Portland
- Parades & processions--Maine--Portland
- United States. Army. Women's Army Corps--Photographs
- W.T. Grant Company (Portland, Me.)--Photographs
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.