Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Sarah F. Sanborn, age 14, away at school in Auburn, wrote to her father, Peter F. Sanborn of East Readfield. She comments on attending the sensational Knight murder trial in Auburn and her sense of how the trial is going.
Sarah and her father frequently wrote to one another. She was born in 1843 and died in 1927 in Pasadena, California.
About This Item
- Title: Sarah F. Sanborn letter to Peter Sanborn, 1857
- Creator: Sanborn, Sarah F.
- Creation Date: 1857-03-06
- Subject Date: 1857
- Readfield, Kennebec County, ME
- Auburn, Androscoggin County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 362, Box 1/1
- Collection: Sanborn family papers
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Knight, George
- Knight, Mary
- Sanborn family
- Sanborn, Peter F.--Correspondence
- Sanborn, Sarah--Correspondence
- Trials (Murder)--Maine
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.