Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Lawyer Stephen Longfellow of Portland, father of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, wrote to "gentlemen" concerning the legal aspects of a shipment of flour that was thrown from the deck of a schooner.
About This Item
- Title: Stephen Longfellow letter concerning shipping case, Portland, 1826
- Creator: Stephen Longfellow
- Creation Date: 1826-07-02
- Subject Date: 1826
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 420, Box 6A/12, MS00-20.0293
- Collection: John S. H. Fogg autograph collection
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.