Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Joseph Frye, founder of Fryeburg, deeded 1/64th of the town to Andrew McMillan.
Frye (1712-1794) received the land from Massachusetts in recognition of his military contributions.
About This Item
- Title: Joseph Frye deed to Andrew McMillan, 1763
- Creator: Joseph Frye
- Creation Date: 1763-07-30
- Subject Date: 1763
- Location: Fryeburg, Oxford County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper, maps
- Local Code: Coll. 420, Box 2/15, MS00-20.0043
- Collection: John S. H. Fogg autograph collection
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.