Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Grace Hustus of South Portland received a form letter from the Army letting her know that her son, Walter, had been transferred to Stalag 17-B, a German prison of war camp in Austria.
About This Item
- Title: Letter concerning Walter Hustus location, 1944
- Creator: Bresee, Howard F.
- Creation Date: 1944-06-12
- Subject Date: 1944
- Town: Gneixendorf, South Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 2133, Series 1, Box 1/5
- Collection: Walter Hustus collection
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- United States. Army Air Forces. Bombardment Group, 303rd
- Military personnel
- World War, 1939-1945--Missing in action
- Stalag XVII B Krems-Gneixendorf
- Hustus, Grace--Correspondence
- Missing in action--Family relationships
- World War, 1939-1945--Concentration camps, Austria
- World War, 1939-1945--Prisoners and prisons, Austria
- Hustus, Walter L., 1921-1999
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.