Contributed by an individual through Maine Historical Society
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
Dave Glovsky (1909-1997) left, and Senator Edmund S. Muskie (1914-1996) at Glovsky's guessing booth at Old Orchard Beach in the 1960s.
Muskie, a Democrat, had served as governor from 1955-1959, when he was elected to the Senate.
Glovsky operated a popular guessing booth from 1945 to the 1990s.
About This Item
- Title: Dave Glovsky, Edmund Muskie, Old Orchard Beach, ca. 1960s
- Creation Date: circa 1960
- Subject Date: circa 1960
- Town: Old Orchard Beach
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Amusement parks--Maine-Old Orchard Beach
- Business enterprises--Maine--Old Orchard Beach
- Curiosities & wonders--Maine--Old Orchard Beach
- Divination--Maine--Old Orchard Beach
- Fortune telling--Maine--Old Orchard Beach
- Glovsky, Dave, 1909-1997--Photographs
- Muskie, Edmund, 1914-1996--Photographs
- Palace Playland (Old Orchard Beach, Me.)
- Senators--United States
- Signs (Notices)--Maine--Old Orchard Beach
- Street entertainers--Maine--Old Orchard Beach
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.