Contributed by Presque Isle Air Museum
From 1951 to 1954 the 74th Fighter-Interceptor Squadron (F I S) flew F-86, F-89 and F-94 fighter aircraft at Presque Isle AFB.
Marla English was a beauty pageant winner and model in the early 1950s. She appeared in several movies, most notably Alfred Hitchcock's "Rear Window" in 1954.
English visited Presque Isle Air Force Base in 1952 and autographed the nose of one of the 74th's aircraft with:
"To my 'Tiger men' of the 74th F I S, Warmest regards on those long, cold alerts. Marla English"
About This Item
- Title: Actress Marla English, Presque Isle Air Force Base, 1952
- Creation Date: 1952
- Subject Date: 1952
- Town: Presque Isle
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 24 cm x 18 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- United States. Army Air Forces. Fighter Group, 74th
- Airports--Maine--Presque Isle
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Transport Command
- Fighter planes
- F-86 (Fighter plane)
- F-89 (Fighter plane)
- F-94 (Fighter plane)
- United States. Army Air Forces--Equipment and supplies
- 74th Fighter-Interceptor Squadron
- Alfred Hitchcock
- beauty pageant
- F I S
- fighter aircraft
- ne of the 74ths aircraft with:
- Presque Isle AFB.
- Presque Isle Air Force Base
- Rear Window
- Tiger men
For more information about this item, contact:Presque Isle Air Museum
650 Airport Drive Suite 4, Presque Isle, ME 04769
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.