Contributed by Presque Isle Air Museum
A B-24 "Liberator" bomber crew poses at the Presque Isle Army Air Field before heading to Britain.
Ken Ferland, whose name is attached to the photo, was a native of Presque Isle. Standing, from left, are pilot Dave Templeton, the bombadier, who did not go overseas; co-pilot Graydon Petty, and navigator Vince Paelentonio.
About This Item
- Title: B-24 Liberator crew, Presque Isle, ca. 1943
- Creation Date: circa 1943
- Subject Date: circa 1943
- Location: Presque Isle, Aroostook County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 25 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- United States. Army Air Forces.
- World War, 1939-1945
- United States. Army Air Forces--Equipment and supplies
- B-24 bomber (Liberator)--Photographs
- Airports--Maine--Presque Isle
- Flight crews
- Group portraits
- Air pilots, Military
- United States. Air Force
- Bomber pilots
- Military air pilots
For more information about this item, contact:Presque Isle Air Museum
650 Airport Drive Suite 4, Presque Isle, ME 04769
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.