Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Pvt. Walter Hustus wrote to his mother, Grace Hustus of South Portland, to tell her he had been sent to Flexible Gunnery School at Buckingham Army Air Field in Fort Myers, Florida.
About This Item
- Title: Walter Hustus letter from gunnery school, 1943
- Creator: Hustus, Walter L.
- Creation Date: 1943-04-17
- Subject Date: 1943
- Town: Fort Myers
- State: FL
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 2133, Series 1, Box 1/2
- Collection: Walter Hustus collection
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945--Personal narratives
- United States. Air Force
- Hustus, Walter L., 1921-1999--Correspondence
- Basic training (Military education)
- Hustus, Grace G.--Correspondence
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.