Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Walter Hustus, in Air Force basic training in Atlantic City, New Jersey, wrote to his mother, Grace G. Hustus, in South Portland about his activities and efforts to get a pass to get out of the hotel where the recruits were stationed.
About This Item
- Title: Walter Hustus letter from basic training, 1942
- Creator: Walter Hustus
- Creation Date: 1942-10-20
- Subject Date: 1942
- South Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Atlantic City, NJ
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 2133, Series 1, Box 1/1
- Collection: Walter Hustus collection
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Basic training (Military education)
- Hustus, Walter L., 1921-1999--Correspondence
- Hustus, Grace G.--Correspondence
- World War, 1939-1945--Personal narratives
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.