Contributed by Presque Isle Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Interior of the Munson Hill power substation. This substation is about 5 miles north of Presque Isle on the Parsons Road near the AVR bridge next to the Aroostook River. The substation provided a reduction in voltage for the AVR electric trolley. The substation was not needed in 1946 when the AVR put diesel locomotives on the railroad.
About This Item
- Title: Aroostook Valley Railroad Substation
- Creation Date: circa 1909
- Subject Date: circa 1909
- Local Name: Munson Hill
- Town: Presque Isle
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 18.99 cm x 23.99 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Aroostook Valley Railroad Company--Equipment and supplies
- Electric railroads
- Power plants--Maine--Presque Isle
- Munson Hill substation (Presque Isle, Me.)--Photographs
For more information about this item, contact:Presque Isle Historical Society
PO Box 285, Presque Isle, ME 04769
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.