Contributed by Presque Isle Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Interior of the Munson Hill power substation. This substation is about 5 miles north of Presque Isle on the Parsons Road near the AVR bridge next to the Aroostook River. The substation provided a reduction in voltage for the AVR electric trolley. The substation was not needed in 1946 when the AVR put diesel locomotives on the railroad.
About This Item
- Title: Aroostook Valley Railroad Substation
- Creation Date: circa 1909
- Subject Date: circa 1909
- Local Name: Munson Hill
- Town: Presque Isle
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 18.99 cm x 23.99 cm
- Collection: Presque Isle Historical Society
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Presque Isle Historical Society
PO Box 285, Presque Isle, ME 04769
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Aroostook Valley Railroad Company--Equipment and supplies
- Electric railroads
- Power plants--Maine--Presque Isle
- Munson Hill substation (Presque Isle, Me.)--Photographs
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.