Contributed by Presque Isle Air Museum
Three warehouses were built on Central Drive on the Presque Isle Air Base. The warehouses, from left, are base buildings number 316, 307 and 306.
The base opened in 1941 as the site of transportation for equipment, supplies, and personnel to Great Britain during World War II. The base also was used during the Cold War. It closed in 1960.
About This Item
- Title: Air Base warehouses, Presque Isle, ca. 1943
- Creation Date: circa 1943
- Subject Date: circa 1943
- Location: Presque Isle, Aroostook County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19 cm x 23 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- United States. Army Air Forces
- Northern Maine Regional Airport (Presque Isle, Me.)
- Airports--Maine--Presque Isle
For more information about this item, contact:Presque Isle Air Museum
650 Airport Drive Suite 4, Presque Isle, ME 04769
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.