Contributed by Presque Isle Air Museum
Presque Isle Air Base Hangar #4 burned in 1954 and the also damaged the base control tower.
The military created the base in 1941 to serve transport needs during World War II.
About This Item
- Title: Fire damaged control tower, Presque Isle Air Base, 1954
- Creation Date: 1954
- Subject Date: 1954
- Town: Presque Isle
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 25 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- United States. Army Air Forces.
- Fires--Maine--Presque Isle
- Airport control towers--Maine--Presque Isle
- Airports--Maine--Presque Isle
- Northern Maine Regional Airport
For more information about this item, contact:Presque Isle Air Museum
650 Airport Drive Suite 4, Presque Isle, ME 04769
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.